5 September 2008

poetry submission guidelines

Updated: October 2011






Young British Poets is a new weblog devoted to poetry and short stories. We are the sister site of Young American Poets.

we welcome submissions by poets born on or after july 20, 1972, from all countries in The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland and the Commonwealth of Nations. we do not accept poetry from underaged writers, sorry.

currently, we only accept e-mail submissions, which should be sent to this e-mail address: youngpoetsblog@gmail.com

please send two to six unpublished poems written in English. translations are not acceptable.

contributions are accepted in an ad honorem basis. poetry may include dedication and should be accompanied by full name of the poet, plus birthplace information, year of birth and brief biographical statement.

we ask our contributors to allow three to four weeks for review and a decision.


The Young British Poets Team



disclaimer
by submitting your poetry you acknowledge that the materials offered are your own original work, and agree that they can be posted and archived in this site. you also acknowledge and agree that you grant Young British Poets a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free right and license to reproduce and distribute the submitted materials for usage in any publication, be it electronic, print or otherwise.

1 comment:

The Totton Linnet said...

Tease me with teasel down Weasel Way
my lover will comb my hair today
if he is rough teasel will catch
I will show him the door, lift up the latch
if he is gentle and teasels well
I will open my heart, all my feelings tells
if he is foolish teasel will break
he will forsake me, my heart will ache.